Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

26 December 2020 Venue LNER Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League One

Advertisement block

Advertisement block


Commentary to begin soon

There are currently no key moments to display.

Are you sure you want to delete this event?

Delete Cancel

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports


26 December 2020

BURTON Albion suffered a Boxing Day defeat at LNER Stadium as Lincoln City ran out 5-1 winners.

Goals from Remy  Howarth, Brennan Johnson (2), Anthony Scully and Harry Anderson ensured a defeat for Jake Buxton's side despite a late consolation from Kane Hemmings.

Manager Jake Buxton made two changes from the midweek game at home to Doncaster Rovers, with Neal Eardley replacing the injured Sam Hughes and Ciaran Gilligan coming back into midfield with Niall Ennis making way.

Albion were put to the sword early on as Lincoln made a fast start. Neat build-up on the right saw James Jones release Anthony Scully down the flank, with his ball across the box turned home by HOWARTH.

And three minutes later it was 2-0, the goal almost a carbon copy of the first, albeit this time Hopper’s pull-back took a deflection that deceived Kieran O’Hara in the Brewers goal, this time JOHNSON tapping home at the back post.

There were few chances of note at all for the following 10-15 minutes, but towards the end of the half the Brewers started to play and put the hosts under some pressure, Joe Powell taking one corner to the near post that was headed wide of the near post by a stooping Colin Daniel.

The Brewers’ best chance of the half came in the 33rd minute, with Charles Vernam showing good feet to get away from his full-back with ease and cut to the left corner of the box, where he drilled a right-footed shot narrowly wide of the far post.

But Albion could not make a breakthrough and following a lengthy stoppage following an injury to Colin Daniel, the teams went in with the Brewers two goals down.


Ryan Edwards let fly from 25 yards but saw his effort go wide as Albion looked to reduce the arrears early on in the second half.

But Lincoln would extend their lead in the 56th minute - Howarth did well to take down a deep cross, and his powerful low shot was stopped by O’Hara, but it rebounded to SCULLY who was left with a simple finish.

And it would be 4-0 just past the hour, JOHNSON grabbing his second of the game after Lincoln won possession high up the field and the ball was squared for the young forward to finish from close range.

Albion did get one back in the 74th minute - substitute HEMMINGS reacting to a poor backpass and slotting the ball past the keeper.

Hemmings came close to a second minutes later as Albion won possession well with their press on the edge of the box, but he could not steer his effort on target.

And Lincoln restored their four-goal cushion when ANDERSON’S deflected effort looped over O’Hara and in.


GOALS: Howarth 4, Johnson 7, Scully 56, Johnson 63, Anderson 83 (Lincoln). Hemmings 74 (Brewers).
LINCOLN: Palmer, Montsma, Edun (Melbourne 76), Jones, Hopper, Grant, Scully (Elbouzedi 76), Walsh, Howarth (Anderson 61), Johnson, Eyoma (Gotts 67). Subs not used: Long, Jackson, Archibald, Anderson.
BREWERS: O’Hara, Brayford, Daniel (Wallace 61), Edwards (Hemmings 60), Bostwick, Quinn, Powell, Akins, Vernam (Lawless 61), Eardley, Gilligan. Subs not used: Garratt, Vassilev, O’Toole, Ennis.
YELLOW CARDS: Walsh 60, Johnson 80 (Lincoln).

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account