Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


10 July 2021

BURTON Albion’s pre-season preparations continued with their training camp in the south of England taking them to Bognor Regis Town this afternoon, where they recorded a 3-0 victory.

Goals from a trialist, Terry Taylor and Louis Moult secured a second consecutive victory, with Albion’s squad again split into two 45-minute sides for this match at Nyewood Lane.

Albion started brightly with the trialist who eventually broke the deadlock nearly turning home a Danny Rowe cross, before Jordy Mongoy curled an effort just over the bar for the hosts in response after just six minutes.

Mongoy was the main threat early on for the Rocks, turning one wide from distance after 14 minutes, before another trialist dispossessed Town’s Craig Robson and found himself one-on-one with Kieran O’Hara, lining up for Bognor in the first half, but O’Hara made a good save.

Season Tickets - USE.png

Eventually Albion found the breakthrough with a low corner routine finding Patrick, who sent a low cross into the box that was turned home well by the TRIALIST.

Conor Shaughnessy forced a good save from O’Hara with a long-range effort minutes later while Bognor had a glorious chance to equalise as a counter ended with a deep cross from the right, finding Ashton Leigh at the far post, but the forward sent his volley high and wide.


Albion’s other XI came out for the second half and were almost immediately 2-0 up.
There seemed to be no danger as Bognor had the ball at the back, but an attempted clearance hit TAYLOR and his effort looped over the keeper and into the back of the net for 2-0.

Louis Moult came close to a third for the Brewers as the ball came to him in the box and he flashed an effort just wide of the far post from a tight angle, before Taylor went for goal from distance only to fire high and wide.

Captain for the second half Kane Hemmings curled one narrowly wide for the Brewers just past the hour as the Brewers went in search of a third, with Joe Powell also forcing a fine save with a low curled effort.

But the Brewers' persistence paid off on 82 minutes as Taylor sent a stunning cross into the box, perfectly weighted to find the head of MOULT, who dove onto it and powered a header past the keeper.


BREWERS FIRST HALF: Balcombe, Oshilaja, Trialist, Morris, Patrick, Shaughnessy, Rowe, Trialist, Trialist, Hamer, Mancienne.

BREWERS SECOND HALF: Garratt, Borthwick-Jackson, Powell, Hemmings, Akins, O'Connor, Trialist, Taylor, Maddox, Moult, Redfern.

Advertisement block